About the role
Hi, we are Tink! We are a Stockholm based, Venture Capital-backed fintech start-up. The Tink app is a smart, fun and simple way of keeping track of your money! We launched less than two years ago and we now have 350 000 users in Sweden and are currently expanding into multiple new geographical markets. We are growing fast so we need more amazing people to join our team.
We’re looking for an engineer to join our backend team. As one of the fastest growing mobile services in Sweden, our backend handles vast amounts of semi-structured data that we help our users make sense of and provide intelligent insights and advice on how to save and spend smarter.
We would like you to have a background from/interest in:
- Systems development (Java, Python, C#, etc.)
- Service oriented architecture (REST, micro-containers, etc.)
And it would be really awesome if you’re excited about:
- Distributed computing (Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop etc.)
- Machine learning (clustering algorithms, recommendation systems, MLlib, Mahout, etc.)
- Security architecture (OWASP, encryption, etc.)
How we work
At Tink, every engineer is a product manager and we structure our work with a high degree of autonomy and freedom, all while collaborating extensively with our colleagues in order to make the best possible products for our users.
We typically work in short iterations and in small project groups with both designers and engineers, regularly going from conceptual discussions to shippable product features in a few weeks.
As a candidate, you’re likely as ambitious as intellectually sharp and creative, and work hard in order to build world-class products that makes a real difference for people. This is a unique opportunity to join early and grow with the company.
What we value
- Teamwork – building great products is a team effort, involving engineers, designers, testers, business-people and users.
- Honesty and feedback – is a prerequisite not only for being an effective team, but also for professional and personal development.
- Passion and impact – we’re passionate about creating a product that helps people with fundamental and universal problems.
- Fun – in order to be creative, you’ll have to have fun – regular hackathons, company events, various sports tournaments and other stuff are recurring events in the calendar.
Tink is an brand new type of personal finance app, that automatically collects and categorizes transactions and assets from your banks, credit-card providers and other financial institutions, and helps you make wiser financial decisions and to save and spend smarter. We’re currently live in Sweden and are coming to other markets shortly.
Tink is a privately held company with 25 employees, offices at Drottninggatan in Stockholm, is backed by well-known investors.
Please send your résumé along with your application to email@example.com. Feel free to attach links to your Github account, anything else you feel we should know about – or just something awesome, preferably GIFs.
While this ad is for a full-time position, we’re also open to provide part-time paid internships and thesis research support for students in related technology areas.
111 36 Stockholm